Ribbon Biolabs biotech start-up with locations in Vienna, Austria and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) is working on developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With its approach, company is developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Currently we are looking for a proactive and self-organised TEAM ASSISTANT (all gender) who would like to grow professionally and personally in a fast moving, constantly changing start-up environment, who can bring valuable ideas and become a great support for the international team.
We will need your assistance in a broad range of activities from basic administrative tasks to problem solving and customer query handling, through to actively contributing to projects within the team.
What your day at Ribbon will look like:
- Your main tasks will be office administration; however, you will also support Project Manager and HR Manager
- You will effectively provide professional administrative and secretarial support to the Executive Suite as necessary (scheduling meetings, correspondence, emailing etc.)
- You will be responsible for organising internal/external meetings, events, booking travel, reimburses, hotels and couriers
- We will trust you with purchasing supplies and sundry items required by the team and management
- We expect you to exceptionally perform administrative tasks (phone calls, emails, documents preparation, maintain equipment and supplies etc.)
Who we are looking for:
- Rather than a specific education path we are searching for a person who is hands-on, happy to be in constant contact with the international team and shares the start-up spirit with us
- You have proven office management, administrative or assistant background and experience
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are a MUST, experience in working with MacOS as well as experience with Project Management Software, Databases and/or CRM systems are an advantage
- Your German is perfect (minimum C1) and you have a very good command in English (B1/B2). Company’s internal language of communication is English
- Having background and/or proven experience in bookkeeping/accounting is a plus – at least, bookkeeping doesn’t sound like a nightmare to you
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures will be an advantage
- Knowledge or experience in project management practices will be an advantage
- You have an accurate and reliable working style
- You can deal with confidential information in a diplomatic way
- You understand and reflect Ribbon’s values and behaviours at all times
- You are willing to go the extra mile
In Ribbon Biolabs we take very seriously the health of our team and stakeholders and in the light of the global pandemic we want to ensure all necessary and available provisions for prevention of infection and spread are taken. We are a synthetic biology company, and we adhere to ethical development of biotechnology in their diverse forms with a full commitment to reach the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
By Austrian law we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by collective agreement, which is Euro 2.000,00 gross per month (based on 40 h/week employment), However, the actual salary will be adjusted according to your skills and qualifications. The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a.
Job type: Part time (20 h per week) with the possibility to extend to full time employment, which is 40 hours a week.
Location: Vienna and Klosterneuburg offices
Employment is permanent
We are waiting for your applications including a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application and curriculum vitae.
Your contact person:
Maryna Listratenko, MA