The TU Wien is Austria‘s largest research and educational institution in the technical and natural sciences. It has been making an indispensable contribution to securing Austria‘s international competitiveness and innovative strength as a research location for more than 200 years. Under the motto „Technology for People“, around 26,000 students and more than 4,000 scientists at TU Wien conduct research, teaching, and innovation in this spirit.
At the Institute of Computer Technology, in the research area Embedded Machine Learning, there are vacant positions for Project Assistants (Post-Doc and PhD student), from 01.01.2022, with the following scope of responsibility.
- Research and project work in the area of Machine Learning and Embedded Systems
- Supervision of students in the area of Machine Learning, Embedded Systems, Data Science, and Computer Vision
- Collaboration in organizational and administrative tasks in a Christian Doppler Laboratory
We are looking for motivated Poject Assistants (Post-Doc and PhD student):
- A PhD (for Post-Doc) or a master (for PhD student) in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, or automation engineering with specialization in the field of embedded systems, machine learning, data science, or equivalent university studies at home or abroad
- In-depth knowledge in one or preferably more of the following areas is considered an advantage: Machine Learning, Embedded Systems and Computer Vision
- Knowledge of scientific work, mathematics, good knowledge of and interest in Machine Learning, sound knowledge of Python or C/C++
- Existing experience in working in a scientific team, publication activities, as well as in the processing of research projects is considered an advantage
- Didactic skills and willingness to supervise Bachelor, Master (Post-Doc and PhD student) and PhD theses (for Post-Doc)
- Excellent knowledge of English, German desired
- Ability to work in a team, problem-solving skills, and the ability to innovate
- A varied and exciting range of tasks
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities and flexible working arrangements
- Central location and good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz) in Vienna
- Additional benefits for employees can be found in the Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of the TU Wien
The TU Wien aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in management positions, and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualifications, women are given priority unless reasons relating to the person of an equally qualified competitor prevail.
We endeavor to employ people with disabilities with appropriate qualifications and therefore expressly invite applications. If you have any questions, don‘t hesitate to contact the TU Wien‘s representative for people with disabilities, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Remuneration is based on the minimum payment of salary group B1 according to the collective agreement for university employees. Currently, it amounts to EUR 3.945,90 € Gross/month (for Post-Doc, 14 times per year) / EUR 2.971,50 € Gross/month (for PhD student, 14 times per year) for weekly employment of 40 hours. Previous periods of service related to the job can be credited.
We look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com by 05.12.2021.